5 ways to improve your spring break

Back to Article
Back to Article

5 ways to improve your spring break

Dan Bowen

Dan Bowen

Dan Bowen

Hannah Breithaupt, Reporter/Business Manager

Spring Break is quickly approaching and soon we will all be free from the viscous cycle of school, homework, repeat, at least for a week. If you are wondering how you can make the most out of your spring break, then continue reading, because I am going to provide you with some ways that you can take your week of rest and make it the best that you can.

1. You need to make sure that you catch up on your rest. You definitely don’t have to sleep for the entire week, but those first couple of days can allow you to power up for the rest of the week. School has a tendency to steal sleep from us, but now we have the chance to relax and renew. If you sleep the entire week, then it will be much harder for you to get back into the school cycle the week after. It’s like Goldilocks, you don’t want too little or too much sleep, but just the right amount.
  2. Connect with people. While you may see your friends every day at school, there is not always the opportunity to just hang out. During spring break, you have a plethora of days to spend with them and clock in some real quality time, with none of the usual distractions, like homework. If all your friends are busy, or you are tired of seeing them every day, spend time with your family. You never know how much time you have left with them, so you should take very opportunity to be around them and get to know them better.
  3. Try not to blow all of your money. The stereotypical picture that spring break depicts is getting away to a beach or resort and just going ham on everything. Spending money can be a dangerous trap to fall in if you don’t have self-control. While there is no problem with spending a little extra money to get away for the week, the consequences of overspending will catch up with you the following week, and it will not feel like it was worth it. Simple ways to help save money include finding student discounts and searching for cheaper alternatives to a full blowout vacation.
  4. Take some time for yourself. Self-care is important and school, and life in generally, can take a lot out of you. This week gives you a good seven days to take some quality time and start those good habits that you have been holding off on. You can pamper yourself and take a mental vacation without leaving your couch. While you can hang out with your friends or family, having personal time is also really important. Self-care is important to raise your confidence and produce positive feelings. You want to take care of your soul, mind, and body because that will help make everything else in your life seem better.
  5. Use your time to do things that you enjoy. While you are free from the daily grind of school, you can take time to develop your hobbies and sharpen your creative skills. Having time to be creative is really important to your mental health and enhancing your life. developing your creative skills can help you take some time from the repetitive paper writing and essays that school gives you.

Keep these things in mind as you move into next week so that you can make the most out of your time off. You can also share these tips with your friends so that all of you can have an amazing time while simultaneously being safe and smart.