Bears Trounce Gonzales

McKenzie Duke, Reporter

The Lady Bears went up against the Gonzales Apaches last night, the 26th. The Bears jumped on top scoring six runs in the first inning and another 4 in the second.

Jamie Gilbert led the team by throwing a total of nine strikeouts to shut down the Apache offense.

“I just went out there and pitched to the best of my abilities, and my team helped me out!” Said pitcher, Jamie Gilbert.

Maddie Blount and Kacie Northam also contributed by each hitting a home run to extend the lead further.

“Hitting one of the home runs was very cool. It felt good, and I’m proud of my team” said Kacie Northam.

Gonzales came back in the 4th scoring four runs, but the Bears stayed focused and were able to stop anymore bleeding.

“We lost our intensity, but we picked it back up to stop them. I am just glad we did what we were suppose to do, win” said Sophomore, Savanah Peterson.

Along with being an important district night, it was also Little League Night. This allowed for our local teams to come out and be recognized by the town.

“It was really humbling to see all the Little Leaguers coming out and cheering for us. It was one of those experience that made me realize how far I’ve come, I used to be them and now I’m playing Varsity softball.” Said Junior, Sophia McMurry.

The game ended with a 10-4 win for the Lady Bears. The team plays a non-district game this Saturday against Fredericksburg. Come out and support your local teams!