Students are CCMA Certified

On Friday, May 3rd the students in Coach Carranza’s Health Science Theory class took the test they have been working for all year. This class is the third year class for future medical professionals. All year they have been working their hardest to receive the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant certification and many have finally achieved it. A total of 13 out of the 19 students who have taken the test so far have passed with flying colors. This class was considered one of the most stressful classes for juniors and seniors to take, but in the end, it was all worth it.

The passing of the test has improved many students overall disposition, feeling as if the entire year has not been a waste. With this certification, the students have many new job opportunities. One student especially excited about her achievement is junior Hannah Breithaupt.

“The third-year medical class has been a long journey with both its highs and lows. However, passing the certification test has opened new doors for me and will be super helpful when I am applying for college, looking for scholarships, and finding a job.”

Coach Carranza is very proud of his students and acknowledges their hard work with pride.

“Words cannot express how happy I am for La Vernia’s first group of medical students to prevail in the CCMA certification. These students earned every bit of the success for passing. They have proved hard work and dedication always prevails.”

Other students, such as junior, Emily Traugott, feels very accomplished by her passing of the test.

“The class was very challenging, but I am really glad I was able to gain more experience in the medical field and get a certification that looks good on college applications.”

Once again, a big congratulations go out to the hard-working students of the Health Science Theory class and a big thank you to the wonderful teaching by Coach Carranza.