This Year’s Blood Drive Draws Out Volunteers

Back to Article
Back to Article

Mike Gonzales and Josilyn Mendoza

Each year, National Honor Society hosts a blood drive which is offered to all students who are at least sixteen years of age. This year the blood drive was held all day on October 3rd, which was an opportunity that the students took to the fullest.  The outcome did not disappoint as a tenth of the student body participated in the blood drive. 

“NHS supports multiple community service projects that benefit this area and many areas around us, the blood drive definitely fits the description.”, says NHS coordinatator Noah Recker.

For Recker, his job was to organize the blood drive, but at the same time making sure the blood drive was a success was the responsibility of the students: a task which the student body handled well.

Aubrey Waltersdorff, a junior, gladly gave her blood, along with this statement, “I’m glad that the school offers this opportunity to give blood for people in need, it feels amazing to know I helped.”

While some students had serious and heartfelt comments on the blood drive, another student, Wyatt James (who also contributed to this year’s blood drive), had this humorous and interesting comment, “I gave blood for the very small chance that my blood type matches the president so he can use it as a transfusion and I will be remembered as a hero.”

As the previous statement concluded, the blood drive proved itself to be well thought out and organized. This, along with the outcome of the school having no problem with participating students, makes it reasonable to say this year’s annual La Vernia High School Blood Drive was a success.